Wikileaks, a non-profit media organisation, helps in providing information to the journalists with true evidence.
There has been a release from Wikileaks about the concealed copies of malware equipped with German surveillance which were known to be the utilities of the intelligence agencies in and around the world to secretly collect information on journalists and political protesters and much more.
FinFisher, a German company which was formerly a part of UK based Gamma Group International that focuses mostly into the production of computer invasion systems, remote monitoring systems, software exploits that involves the interference of communications and transactions from Windows, Linux and OS X, Android and others. FinFisher was known public in December 2011.
Since the release of the first SpyFiles, researchers have found the existence of FinFisher products in and around all the countries of the world, documenting its uses against activists and journalists.
The monitoring software suite is called the FinIntrusion Kit, that incorporates
- FinSpy: A virus software that permits to access remotely targeting infected machines.
- FinFireWire: This software allows to download the image of memory from the targeted system
- FinFly USB: This installs the infected software just by plugging a USB stick onto the targeted machine.
- FinFly ISP: This installs an ISP level Software that monitors the activities of infected files
- FinSkype: This software is installed to record video calls and video messages from the targeted system.
FinFisher lets Law Enforcement and Intelligence Agencies to perform a secret deployment on the Target Systems, as a matter of surveillance to access the security of different organizations. The most interested clients are Intelligence Agencies, Law Enforcement Agencies, Military CyberWar Departments and Police Intelligence Agencies.
Ways of Implementation:
- Technical Surveillance Unit: FinIntrusion Kit interferes the encrypted WiFi protection access to remotely monitor the Gmail and other webmails, and social networking credentials of the targeted Home based wireless networks.
- IT Security: Clients are on the urge to use FinIntrusion Kit deploys various techniques to compromise the security of computers for defensive purposes.
- Strategic Use-Cases: The FinIntrusion Kit, as the name, intrudes Targeted Web-Servers to covertly monitor activities
FinSpy Integration: The Finspy gives a fullfledged support for FinFly USB devices, this enables the user to automatically diffuse the generated FinSpy targeted executable program onto the USB
Anti-Virus Testing: The FinFly USB implements different tools, methods and techniques to intrude the Anti-spyware and Antivirus tools. When any of the antivirus products defends the bypassing of Finspy, the agent will come across the following outcome. FinSpy software installation on to the target system will be blocked. The antivirus products displays pop-ups to warn on the suspicious programs which has to be either rejected or accepted by the agent.
There has been consistent updates on the antivirus products and hence the modes of these attacks cannot be specific. Tests are conducted regularly based on the Gamma Quality Assurance, performing checks on the FinFisher products against the latest version of the security products, to research and find out any detection. This is to enhance the performance levels of the FinFisher product that are used to bypass the latest antivirus and antispyware products.
Some of the well known antivirus systems that stands as the strong barrier against the Finfisher products providing a complete quality assurance ambiance
- Comodo Internet Security Pro
- Kaspersky Internet Security
- Norton Internet Security
- ESET Smart Security
- F-Secure Internet Security
- avast! Professional Edition
- Panda Internet Security
- AVG Internet Security
- ZoneAlarm Internet Security Suite
- BitDefender Internet Security
- Bullguard Internet Security
- CA Internet Security Suite Plus
- McAfee Internet Security
- Trend Micro Internet Security PRO
- Sophos Security Suite
- VIPRE® Antivirus + Antispyware
- F-PROT Antivirus Version
- G DATA Internet Security
- NORMAN SECURITY SUITE
- Outpost Security Suite Pro
- RISING Internet Security
- Spybot Search & Destroy
- Spyware Doctor
- Steganos Internet Security
- Trustport PC Security
- VirusBuster Internet Security Suite
- Quick Heal Total Security
- Windows Defender
- K7 TotalSecurity
- Ad-Aware PRO
- Ashampoo AntiSpyware
- a-squared Anti-Malware
- Avira Premium Security Suite
- Dr.Web Security Space
- Security Essentials
The companies that were protected with the above mentioned antivirus products were able to defend the interference of FinFisher,
As per Wikileaks, Malware creators have found that Comodo Internet Security Pro has proved for a strong and solid protection combating government malware.
Proud to say that the Comodo Internet Security Pro has been found to be the best. Hats off to the developers.